These terms (the “Agreement”) govern your attendance and participation in the Diversity Site Solutions Summit. By registering for the Event, you agree to these terms, which form a binding contract between SCRS Corporation (“SCRS”) and the registered attendee (“you”). If you are registering on behalf of another individual, it is your responsibility to ensure the person attending is aware of these terms and accepts them. By completing the registration on behalf of another individual you are warranting that you have made the attendee aware of the terms of this Agreement and that they have accepted the terms of this Agreement.
- Your registration entitles you to admittance to the Event (the “Registration”). Any and all other costs associated with your attendance (including travel and accommodation expenses) shall be borne solely by you, and SCRS shall have no liability for such costs.
- Attendees assume all risks associated with traveling to, and attending the Event. You formally acknowledge all responsibility for COVID-19 related incidents or risks that may arise due to onsite activities. SCRS is not responsible for ensuring you comply with any local, state, federal, or national COVID-19 related requirements.
- By attending the Event you hereby consent and agree to grant SCRS, and its affiliates, the right to use, store and collect your personal information and to record, film, photograph, or capture your likeness in any media form and to distribute, broadcast, use, or otherwise disseminate such your information, in perpetuity, without any further approval from you or any payment to you. This grant includes the right to edit such media, to use it alone or with other information, and the right to allow others to use or disseminate it. Such media may be used for any lawful purpose, including publishing, reproducing, exhibiting, advertising, podcasts, social media, website content, or the like. You acknowledge that all media are wholly owned by the SCRS, and, to the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, you waive any right to royalties or other compensation related to SCRS’s use of your information.
- You agree that SCRS reserves the right to change any and all aspects of the Event, including, the Event name, themes, content, program, speakers, performers, hosts, moderators, venue, and time.
- If applicable to the Event, Attendee badges must be worn at all times in Event areas. You consent to your name and email being shared with sponsors by wearing your badge at the Event.
- It is the sole responsibility of the attendee to take care of any government travel visa requirements. Failure to obtain an entry visa does not constitute a valid basis for a refund.
- By registering and paying for the Event, you agree not to share, sell or trade your Registration. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may transfer your Registration to a member of your organization up to one week in advance of the Event. If SCRS determines that you have violated this policy, it may cancel your Registration(s), and retain any payments made by you.
- You acknowledge and agree that SCRS reserves the right to remove you from the Event if SCRS, in its sole discretion, determines that your presence or behavior creates a disruption or hinders the enjoyment of the Event by other attendees.
- Photography, Recording, Live Streaming, and Videotaping. Attendees may not record or broadcast audio or video of sessions at SCRS’s Events.
- SCRS reserves the right to deny admission to anyone who engages in or is reputed to engage in unethical or non-compliant business practices.
- SCRS may also exclude any prospective attendee from registering or attending any Event, in SCRS’s sole discretion. SCRS reserves the right to cancel any attendee’s registration upon refund of the admission fees paid to SCRS; however, if the cancellation is for violating any prohibition or requirement set forth in this Section, SCRS may retain all fees paid.
- SCRS is committed to complying with all applicable antitrust laws. Therefore, Event attendees, exhibitors, speakers, and sponsors (collectively, “Participants”) are reminded that certain topics are not proper subjects for discussion at any SCRS Event or at Event sessions, meetings, committees, or other discussions whether formal or informal. While it is entirely appropriate to meet as a group to discuss common problems and areas of interest, it must be kept in mind that there are Participants at meetings that are competitors and any action taken to eliminate, restrict, or govern competition among these groups is a violation of applicable antitrust laws. If there is any discussion during any SCRS Event relating to significant factors of competition among our Participants, an inference may be raised that such a discussion among Participants is for the purpose of agreeing upon a common course of business conduct. Event meetings and functions shall not be used as a forum to obtain unlawful individual company advantages or to achieve anti-competitive objectives for any Participants or their respective organizations. SCRS may be held responsible for unlawful conduct by Participants. Accordingly, SCRS requires Participants to avoid any conduct that might violate, or would create the appearance of a violation of, any applicable antitrust (or similar) laws. In order to ensure the Event complies with applicable law, and applicable federal regulations and to guard against liabilities, all Participants must observe the following guidelines:
- The Event is not to be used for the purpose of bringing about or attempting to bring about any understanding or agreement, written or oral, formal or informal, expressed or implied, among two or more Participants or other competitors with regard to prices or terms and conditions of contracts for services or products. Therefore, discussions and exchanges of information about such topics are not permitted at SCRS Events.
- Discussions discouraging or withholding patronage or services from, or encouraging exclusive dealing with any supplier or purchaser or group of suppliers or purchasers of products or services, any actual or potential competitor or group of actual potential competitors, or any private or governmental entity are not permitted.
- Discussions about price, price structure, discounts, discounting structure, or allocating or dividing geographic or service markets or customers are not permitted.
- Discussions about discouraging entry into or competition in any segment of the marketplace are not permitted.
- The payment of the applicable fees for the Event is due upon registration. If such payment is insufficient or declined for any reason SCRS may refuse to admit you to the Event without liability.
- The fees may be subject to sales, value-added, or other taxes which, if applicable, will be charged to you in addition to the fees.
- Cancellation can only be done after payment has been successfully received by SCRS.
- Cancellations confirmed as received by SCRS in writing at least 120 days prior to the event date will be refunded, less a $195 administrative charge. No refunds will be made for any reason after this date.
Intellectual Property. All intellectual property rights to the Event, its content, and all materials distributed at or in connection with the Event are owned by SCRS or the Event sponsors or speakers. You may not use or reproduce or allow anyone to use or reproduce any trademarks or other trade names, or any other intellectual property appearing at the Event, in any Event content or in any materials distributed at or in connection with the Event without the prior written permission of SCRS or the respective copyright holder. Nothing in this Agreement provides you any legal or beneficial right in or to any trademarks or other intellectual property rights owned or used under license by SCRS; nor does this grant to you any right to any other intellectual property rights of SCRS, all of which remain the exclusive property of SCRS.
Disclaimer of Warranties, Limitation of Liability.
- SCRS gives no warranties in respect of any aspect of the Event or its materials and, to the fullest extent of the law, disclaims all implied warranties, including those of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, timeliness, and merchantability. SCRS does not accept any responsibility or liability for reliance by you or any person on any aspect of the Event or any information provided at the Event.
- Except as required by law, SCRS shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential costs, damages or losses arising directly or indirectly from the Event or related aspect.
- The maximum aggregate liability of SCRS for any claim connected with, or arising from, the Event, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise (including negligence), shall be limited to the amount paid by you to SCRS under this Agreement.
Force Majeure. SCRS shall not be liable for the delay or cancellation of an Event caused by a Force Majeure Event (as defined herein). In the case where an Event is cancelled or delayed due to a Force Majeure Event, no refunds will be made, and you will be given a credit to be used within one year for a future SCRS event which takes place within one year of the start date of the Event cancelled or delayed. A “Force Majeure Event” is any circumstance outside our reasonable control and includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster;
- epidemic or pandemic (whether locally, nationally, or globally recognized);
- terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, or breaking off of diplomatic relations;
- nuclear, chemical or biological contamination;
- any law or any action taken by a government or public authority, including without limitation imposing an export or import restriction, quota or prohibition;
- collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident;
- any labor or trade dispute, strikes, walkouts, industrial action or lockouts; and
- interruption or failure of utility service.
Miscellaneous. SCRS’s failure to exercise any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights. SCRS shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations where such failure results from any cause beyond SCRS’s reasonable control. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, that provision shall be limited to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement shall otherwise remain in full force. This Agreement is not assignable nor transferable by you except with SCRS’s prior written consent. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware and the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Delaware. Both parties agree that this Agreement is the complete statement of understanding between them and supersedes all previous written and oral agreements and understandings relating to the subject matter herein, and that all modifications must be in writing signed by both parties, except as otherwise provided. No partnership or employment is created as a result of this Agreement, and you acknowledge that you do not have any authority to bind SCRS in any respect whatsoever.